ready for an adventure

ready for an adventure
paddling into sunset

Monday, May 24, 2010

may long with Janice






May long weekend was great! Janice came up from the city and we spent two days cruising around Roddy Lake at ELA. Roddy is one of the public lakes in the area and it is a great lake because it has lots of bay and inlets to explore! The weather was great, the water is crystal clear and the paddling was awesome! This was a great weekend for us girls to hang out, paddle, leave the human world behind and enjoy what nature has to offer! This was also a chance for me to get to know my kayak and I have a lot to learn. First of all, turning an 18ft kayak is no easy feat, especially when there are high waves going against you! The trick to turning with a skeg is it loosen your waist and lean! This something that I had to learn quickly since I spent some time paddling backwards and running into the shoreline! Good thing I have kevlar kayak! LOL! All in all the weekend was great! We enjoyed the time on the water, spend some time around the camp fire and had great food and wine to enjoy the end of the day! I hope you enjoy the pictures! love Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment