Summer is just around the corner and I have a few activities I would like to accomplish at ELA and surrounding areas:
1. Kayak; I don't have a kayak yet but I am looking into purchasing one so in the meantime I will testing out as many as I can in Kenora
2. Bouldering: I can't wait to hit up some pristine granite out in the area..just need a crash pad and some shoes
3. Fishing: Walleye, Trout, whatever! I would like to be catch a really big fish this summer!
4. Scuba diving: Last time I dived was in Australia in the ocean so I am looking forward to diving in fresh water.Hopefully my camera will work underwater!
5. Biking; I don't own a car so hitting up the bike trails is a must
6.Hiking: love, love, love it!
7. Last but not least: I will be working with some amazing scientists from across the country and I can't wait to fill my brain with the wonders of science
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
After completing my fifth and final year at University of Winnipeg and having a roller-coaster of a ride,and learning alot about myself and about very special and wonderful people in my life I have decided to make this summer a season to remember and to fill it with adventure, fun, and passion. As summer is a time where I truly come alive, I wanted to share with you some of the tasks I have set out to accomplish and thoroughly enjoy. First of all, I will be spending my summer working as a student field assistant with fisheries and oceans at experimental lakes area. This area includes over 50 lakes which are used to carry out large scale ecosystems experiments. I am truly blessed to have this opportunity and I am stoked about spending my summer in northern Ontario where I have fallen in love with over the last year. I will be there from the beginning of May till the end of August and I hope to return with many adventures to tell, pictures to share and hopefully some excellent walleye to eat! I will keep this blog up-to-date with my adventures and pictures! I hope you enjoy them!